Step 4 - Log into your Huawei router:
- Open your web browser (such as Chrome or Firefox).
- In the URL search bar, type in this address: 192.168.8.1
- You'll be presented with a login screen. The password for this is Admin.
Step 5 - You'll find the screen as per below.
- You'll have to click on Network Settings on the top of the page
- You're now presented with a page displaying the APN list
- Click the PLUS(+) icon and you'll be able to add an APN
Step 6 – Adding Webafrica's APN
- The Profile Name you can set to WebafricaAPN
- The User name and Password fields will remain blank
- Scroll right down to the bottom of this section and you'll be able to save the APN
- In the APN field, type in ws.webafrica.fwa
- Click Save
Step 7 - You'll now have you new APN saved as the default on your list as below
Step 8 - Setting your network mode to 4G only
- In the left section of the page click on Mobile Network Searching
- Click the drop down next to Preferred network mode
- Select the option 4G only and click the Save button after
Restart your router, you should now be online!
For the set up guide on the Huawei B618 go to https://help.webafrica.co.za/support/solutions/articles/27000062565-mtn-lte-apn-settings-huawei-b618
Please note: All Webafrica deals and packages are subject to change without notification. These include our terms and conditions as it relates to costs and deal/package structures for all of our service providers.