Cell C has announced that they will soon discontinue their Fixed LTE services for all ISPs, including Webafrica. Our Cell C Fixed LTE customers currently have the option to switch either to one of our Fibre packages or to Telkom Fixed LTE.
The good news is that if you are an existing Webafrica customer, you can make use of our awesome Changing Tech Service.
The advantages of using our “Changing Tech” Process:
- You won’t be billed any clawback fees for your existing router because we know that you are just moving to another Webafrica service. Simply remove the Cell C LTE SIM in your current router (throw it away) and insert your new Telkom Fixed LTE SIM card.
- You don’t have to worry about going without internet because we will make sure your current service stays active until your new service is up and running.
PLEASE NOTE: As soon as your new Telkom LTE SIM card is activated (usually between 24-48 hours from delivery) you will be billed pro-rata for the new package. Your old service (Cell C LTE) will, however, still be active until 31 October 2019.
How to switch:
1. Log into your customer zone.
2. Scroll down the page until you see ''Available internet options for your address'' or "changing tech".
If you do not see your address with your internet options below it that means that we don’t have a valid address on record for you. You should click the button that says “Update it here” to update your address so that we can keep you up to date with your options.
3. Now simply click on the technology to which you would like to migrate.
4. If you haven't already placed an order for Telkom LTE then please choose ''I want to replace my existing service with even better internet access.'' (If you have already placed an order but want to take advantage of our changing tech benefits, simply choose ''I have already placed a new order but actually want to upgrade my existing service. and follow the process.'')
5. You will then be asked to confirm the service you would like to replace (select the Cell C LTE service)
6. You will then be shown your internet options for the address you have on your account (step 2). You are able to change this address in the spot provided, just above the map.
Choose the package you would like to move to.
7. Complete the order process
PLEASE NOTE: If you would like to receive the package offered to you in our email, you don't need to follow the above process. Simply reply to the courier when they SMS you to arrange the delivery, and we will take care of everything.
Please note: All Webafrica deals and packages are subject to change without notification. These include our terms and conditions as it relates to costs and deal/package structures for all of our service providers.