Webafrica has a calendar month cancellation policy.
Free-to-Use Routers are exactly that - free to use for as long as you are with Webafrica and using the relevant service. If you cancel your service you will be billed for your router, or you may return it to us in its original condition, in its original packaging.
• You will have 20 days from the time your service is deactivated (turned off at the end of your months’ notice) to return the router to our offices.
• We will send you a reminder on day 10 if we have not yet received your router.
• If we do not receive your router back from you within the 20 day router-return period, you will be billed for it, and it will become your own.
• Remember to include your name and Webafrica customer code when returning your router.
• No router returns will be accepted after 20 days have elapsed from the time that your account was deactivated.
• All courier costs involved in returning the router are for your own account.
• You will be charged the original retail value of the router.
• When your router becomes your property it will no longer be insured by Webafrica, and we will not accept responsibility for any damage or defaults to the router.
Legacy Cell C LTE & RAIN LTE Customers
• If you did not take a router with your SIM order, and were therefor credited with either R500 or R250 on your Webafrica account according to the package you were on, this amount will be clawed back upon your cancellation.
• Please be aware that Webafrica (and all other ISPs) are no longer able to offer RAIN LTE to the public. If you cancel your RAIN account you will be unable to order this service from us again. Please be 100% certain that you want to cancel before you submit your cancellation request.
FIBRE INSTALLATION / CONNECTION FEES
• If you cancel within 12 months of activating your Fibre, you will be liable for any installation and / or connection fees which Webafrica subsidized when you ordered.
• Please refer to your original invoice to see how much you were subsidized, and therefor how much you will be billed.
At the time of publishing, these fees are as follows:
• Openserve: R2880 Installation fee
• Octotel: R1725 Installation fee
• Vumatel: R1010 Connection Fee (R1725 Installation fee if you did not pay this)
• Frogfoot: R1725 Installation fee
• Evotel: R2415 Installation fee
• Maboneng: R1725 Installation fee
• SADV: R1725 Installation fee
• Teralink: N/A
PLACING A CANCELLATION
Please be aware that cancellations can only be placed via your customer zone. Webafrica agents are not permitted to process cancellation requests over the phone, via social media, or any other agent-facing medium.
If your service has been suspended due to non-payment you will have 30 days to make payment and restore your service.
If you do not settle your account within 30 days, Webafrica will cancel your service and this will be seen as a standard cancellation and all of the above rules will apply.
If you wish to reactivate your service after a cancellation you will be liable for all re-connection fees and administration fees involved.