Q: Why is Fibre faster than ADSL?
Fibre Optic internet is able to work at lightning speeds because it transfers data via glass cables, using light and dark signals in the place of your classic "ones and zeros". This breakthrough in connectivity technology has made Fibre the fastest and most reliable form of internet available. Check it out: FIBRE VS ADSL
Benefits of Fibre:
- Clarity and reliability in data transfer. Because glass doesn't conduct electricity, electrical storms and other external factors cause less interference on the lines.
- Data can travel up to 50 km to or from an exchange before any form of degradation in speed takes place. So it doesn't matter how far you are from your exchange.
- Fibre cabling itself is similar in price to the copper used for ADSL, but much easier to maintain.
- You do not need a landline to access the internet with Fibre.
- It's just getting better. New ways to transmit light data are being developed all the time.
- There are capped and uncapped options available.
Q: How do I move from ADSL to Fibre?
First make sure you are in a fibre live area. You can do this by checking our fibre map. Then you can order or pre-order your fibre service with us. We will arrange the installation with the relevant service provider. This will be whichever provider is currently live in your area. If there is more than one service provider on your area we will let you know what your options are and let you choose for yourself.
Q: How long will it take to connect me to Fibre?
The installation time varies from provider to provider. We might occasionally ask you to contact them, but we will guide you through this process. During the installation period you will receive regular progress updates from our dedicated fibre team. The moment you are up and running you can cancel your ADSL connection.
Q: I’ve just had my fibre installed, what happens now?
Once your fibre line is connected you can let us know that you are ready to receive your router. Webafrica will send it out to you pre-configured so that you simply have to plug it in. Delivery can take up to 2-5 days.
Q: What if I want to cancel my fibre service?
You will need to give one calendar months' notice. If you received a free router or free installation (or both) during one of our specials, and you cancel within 12 months, you will need to return the router to us, and pay for the provider's installation and connection fee.