Webafrica offers LTE internet across a number of different underlying infrastructure providers. This allows us to offer the service to as many people as possible in as many areas as possible across South Africa.
Currently, we offer LTE on the following networks:
- Cell C
If you are moving home you may find that the area you're moving to is covered by one of our LTE networks and not the other. This could mean that you need to switch networks to stay connected. Unfortunately, we are not able to switch SIMs, as each one is locked to the network you signed up on. What you will need to do is use the "moving homes" or the "changing tech" functions in your customer zone to cancel your current service and order a replacement.
How to change from Cell C LTE / RAIN LTE to Telkom LTE:
Telkom LTE currently has the widest coverage range, so the chances are that if you're switching between LTE networks you'll be moving to Telkom.
Visit your customer zone by logging in on our Website.
Make sure we have the correct address saved for you so that all of your internet options pop up at the bottom of your customer zone dashboard.
- Click the green"Switch to LTE" button next to the Telkom option. (If it doesn't appear then it is not available in your area.)
- On the next page click "get started".
- Select the service you would like to replace, then click "next".
- Select the package you want.
- Confirm all of your details.
- Once you have successfully submitted your request you will receive an email from us asking you to submit RICA documents.
- Unfortunately you must RICA again for every LTE order you place. When the courier delivers your new LTE order you will need to show them these documents, so keep them handy.
- We will send a courier to deliver your new SIM and a new router (We use different routers for Telkom and Cell C/RAIN accounts).
- The courier will send you an SMS number. Keep this in case of any changes to your delivery.
- You can hand over your old router to the courier at the same time and he/she will deliver it back to us.
- Place your new SIM into the new router as soon as you receive it and then plug in your router and turn it on.
- Your router's internet light will turn blue when the service is active and ready to be used. This can take up to 24 hours, but most of the time it will only take a few minutes.
NB: LTE cancellations can only happen at month end - so the service you are cancelling will need to run to the end of the month. Make sure you use the changing tech or moving homes functions inside of your customer zone to avoid any confusion or double billing on your account.