Telkom is shutting down the copper infrastructure which runs the ADSL network, which means it's time to switch from ADSL to Fibre or switch from ADSL to Telkom Fixed LTE.
Similarly, Cell C has announced that they will soon discontinue their Fixed LTE services. Cell C Fixed LTE customers currently have the option to switch either to one of our Fibre packages or to Telkom Fixed LTE.
The good news is that if you are an existing Webafrica customer, you can make use of our awesome Changing Tech Service.
The advantages of using our “SWITCH-A-ROO” changing tech process:
- You don’t have to worry about us accidentally double billing you, because our team will be notified that you have changed from one service to another.
- You don’t have to give us the usual one month’s notice, because we can see that you are not leaving us (except on LTE – because LTE regulations state that all customers must give a full month’s notice).
- You won’t be billed any clawback fees for your existing installation / router because we know that you are just moving to an even better Webafrica service. Simply send your existing router back to us and we will replace it with the right one for your new connection.
- You don’t have to worry about going without internet because we will make sure your current service stays active until your new service is up and running.
How to switch:
1. Log into your customer zone.
2. Scroll down the page until you see ''NO FUSS SWITCH-A-ROOS''.
If you do not see your address with your internet options below it that means that we don’t have a valid address on record for you. You should click the button that says “Update it here” to update your address so that we can keep you up to date with your options.
3. Now simply click on the technology to which you would like to migrate.
4. If you haven't already placed an order for Fibre then please choose ''I want to replace my existing service with even better internet access.'' (If you have already placed an order but want to take advantage of our changing tech benefits, simply choose ''I have already placed a new order but actually want to upgrade my existing service. and follow the process.'')
5. You will then be asked to confirm the service you would like to replace (the service you would like to cancel once your new service goes active)
6. You will then be shown your internet options for the address you have on your account (step 2). You are able to change this address in the spot provided, just above the map.
- Choose your package and click ''Order my Fibre''
7. Complete the questions on the next page and click submit.
And that's that. We will send you an email with everything you need to know regarding your new service. Enjoy!