- Launch Apple Mail.
- Select File and click Add Account.
- Enter your name, email address and password as per your setup in the control panel then click Continue.
- Enter your incoming server type as IMAP and click Continue.
- Incoming Mail Server: type in your mail server address (For example mail.webafrica.org.za if you're using a free Webafrica email address)
- User Name: Your full email address.
- Password: Your email address password and click Continue.
- If the Incoming Mail Security screen appears, leave Use Secure Socket Layer unticked and click Continue.
- In the outgoing mail server, type in your mail server address (for example, mail.webafrica.org.za if you're using a free Webafrica email address) and enable authentication in the next step
- If you're using a Webafrica internet connection, you can use smtp.wa.co.za without any authentication, skipping the next step and ensure that the Use Authentication checkbox is ticked and click ‘Continue’.
- Enter your username and password then click Continue.
- If the Outgoing Mail Security screen appears, leave Use Secure Socket Layer unticked and click Continue.
- View the account summary and click Create. Ticking the ‘Take my account online’ checkbox will ensure that your account is activated immediately.
How To Setup An Email Account On Apple Mail Print
Modified on: Thu, 28 Nov, 2019 at 10:01 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.