If you’ve log a fault on your line you might be looking for the following information.
How long will my fault take to be resolved?
- Once a line fault is logged, it gets assigned to the Telkom Testing Centre where it will remain for the next 24 – 48 business hours. They will attempt to remotely restore services. If they are unable to do so, a work order gets created and assigned to a certified technician.
- The amount of time it takes the technician to attend to a fault depends on the workload in the area. Please bear in mind that the turnaround time for Telkom to attend to a line fault is generally within 2 weeks, depending on their resources.
We are waiting on feedback from Telkom. It has been a week. What can I do now?
- We actively keep tabs on open faults reported by support, however we appreciate your co-operation. If you haven’t heard from Telkom yet please let us know, either via email to email@example.com or call us on 086 000 9500 so we can further escalate your case to a Telkom service manager who should provide us with feedback within 1 – 2 working days.
I received an SMS from Telkom saying that my fault has been resolved but it has not been resolved. What should I do now?
- First, respond back to the SMS with “NO”. Then please inform us immediately, so we may escalate the fault indicating that it has not been resolved. If the fault has been closed, we would need to re-log the fault and do an immediate escalation to ensure it gets dealt with promptly.
My fault is linked to a Network Fault. How long will it take to be resolved?
- We request updates from Telkom as often as possible where Network Faults are concerned. It may take up to 3 months dependent on the severity of the fault and any complications Telkom may have regarding infrastructure in the area. All fault will be updated on our Network Status page.
We’ve had cable theft in our area. When can we expect our service to resume?
- Only Telkom can provide feedback for these time frames. We’ll update you as soon as more information becomes available to us. In the event that the cables would not be replaced due to high-risk areas, we’ll advise you and cancel your services accordingly.